In an effort to get away from the shitstorm that is 2020 (COVID-19, major upsets in my personal life, etc), I decided to visit my mom, back in my hometown.
It's been quite a long time since I last picked up the pen... as it were.
This blog has sat in the metaphorical trunk, strapped with a belt, wrapped in a blanket, tucked under the creaky stairs of your old aunt/grandma/weird neighbor's house for a very very long time.
After graduating college, I started working fulltime at Amazon. I went from sprinting from class to class to staying indoors (professionally) for 8+ hours a day. I was forced to spend most of my day in front of a computer, sitting (or standing, thanks to my stand up desk) while I worked.
Since the combination of OS X, Scala, and IntelliJ appear to be a moving target in the development world, I figured I'd go ahead and jot down how I got them up and running on my MacBook Pro. First things first, I used IntelliJ 13 (Community Edition), with Scala 2.10.3, which I installed using Homebrew (I will detail it below). In addition, I'm using the latest Java 7 JDK for Mac OS X from Oracle.
Here are some notes for an XBMC 12.2 (Frodo) install job that I did for a buddy of mine on his ASRock ION 330HT. We were both a little nervous about performing a full upgrade, but due to smart partitioning, everything upgraded perfectly.
Here's what I did...
Select your CUDA Device
While conducting research on my thesis, there were several times where I wanted to test the efforts of my work on different CUDA cards. Luckily, I had access to a machine that contains 4 different CUDA cards, ranging from a GTX 480, to a Tesla C2050, to a Kepler K20Xm (there are two of these). This is all according to nvidia-smi of course.
For those of you who don't know, I'm currently pursuing my Masters in Computer Science. Part of this undertaking requires me to complete a thesis.
I use W3 Total Cache for all my of my website caching needs and usually it works great. There have been a few problems with the latest release, but that is for another post.
This took me too damn long to figure out in Python, so a quick note.